Xcode is the official IDE from Apple.
It is not installed by default.
To install Xcode,
Open the Mac App Store .
Xcode may prompt for the installation of additional required components.
- Click on Install.
Xcode may also prompt for enabling the developer mode on the Mac.
- Click on Enable.
A dialogue window asks for the password.
- Enter the password and press OK.
Optionally, install the documentation.
Call the menu Xcode > Preferences.
Select the Downloads pane.
- Click on Check and Install Now.
For more information on Xcode,
- Call the menu Help > Xcode Help.
Because Xcode is managed by the App Store application, new releases are automatically notified.
Just follow the instructions to download and install the new release.
Once Xcode has been updated, Xcode may display a warning when opening projects.
- Click on the line twice to launch the procedure.
A first window provides details and ask for confirmation. The details may differ from one update to another.
- Confirm by clicking on Perform Changes.
- Disable or Enable the automatic snapshots.
The project has been updated.