Import an existing project¶
The manual procedure for importing an existing project from a standard IDE into embedXcode consists on four steps:
- Create an New Project ,
- Drag-and-drop headers and code files ,
- Copy-paste the main sketch , and
- Check additional parameters .
Create a new project¶
To import an existing project,
Create a new project with Xcode as described in the procedure Create a new project .
Call the menu Product > Build or press Cmd+B or click on the Run icon to perform the preparation of the project as described in the procedure Prepare the project .
Ensure Xcode shows the Project Navigator.
- If necessary, select the Project Navigator.
Drag-and-drop headers and code files¶
- Open the folder with the existing project from a standard IDE.
- Select all the files except the
.inomain sketch, drag-and-drop them on the left pane on top of the
- Check Copy items if needed to make a copy and select the target Index to ensure code-sense.
Copy-paste the main sketch¶
- Open the
.inomain sketch with Arduino, select all the code and paste it on the main sketch on Xcode, in this example
- Make sure to keep the pre-processing statements
#include, as they are required by embedXcode.
For more information,
- Please refer to Include core library on main sketch .
Check additional parameters¶
Depending on the project, some additional steps might be required.
- If functions are called before they are defined, declare prototypes for them.
For more information on prototypes,
- Please refer to Declare prototypes on main sketch .
Finally, if the sketch calls libraries,
- List them in the main
For more information on libraries,
- Please refer to List all the Used Libraries in main
A special section is dedicated to compatibility between standard IDEs and embedXcode. For more information,
- Please refer to section Manage compatibility with standard IDEs .