Import an Existing Project¶
The manual procedure for importing an existing project from a standard IDE into embedXcode consists on four steps:
- Create an New Project ,
- Drag-and-Drop Headers and Code Files ,
- Copy-Paste the Main Sketch , and
- Check Additional Parameters.
Create a New Project¶
To import an existing project,
Create a new project with Xcode as described in the procedure Create a New Project .
Call the menu Product > Build or press Cmd+B or click on the Run icon to perform the preparation of the project as described in the procedure Prepare the Project .
Ensure Xcode shows the Project Navigator.
If necessary, select the Project Navigator.
Drag-and-Drop Headers and Code Files¶
Open the folder with the existing project from a standard IDE.
Select all the files except the
.inomain sketch, drag-and-drop them on the left pane on top of the
- Check Copy items if needed to make a copy and select the target Index to ensure code-sense.
Copy-Paste the Main Sketch¶
.inomain sketch with Arduino, select all the code and paste it on the main sketch on Xcode, in this example
Make sure to keep the pre-processing statements
#include, as they are required by embedXcode.
For more information,
- Please refer to Include Core Library on Main Sketch .
Check Additional Parameters¶
Depending on the project, some additional steps might be required.
- If functions are called before they are defined, declare prototypes for them.
For more information on prototypes,
- Please refer to Declare Prototypes on Main Sketch .
Finally, if the sketch calls libraries,
- List them in the main
For more information on libraries,
- Please refer to List all the Used Libraries in main
A special section is dedicated to compatibility between standard IDEs and embedXcode. For more information,
- Please refer to section Manage Compatibility with Standard IDEs .