Install embedXcode Legacy 9.0¶
This section requires the embedXcode+ edition.
Release 10.0 removes the legacy boards listed below for a more compact installation package.
|Punch Through Design||Bean and Bean+||On hold|
For legacy boards with Xcode 9 running on macOS 10.12 Sierra or 10.13 High Sierra,
- Select and install the embedXcode Legacy 9 installation package. It corresponds to embedXcode release 9.6.1.
Legacy version for Xcode 9 on macOS 10.12 Sierra or 10.13 High Sierra is no longer developed and has limited support.
As an alternative, the tools can be installed manually.
- Please refer to Use discontinued Wiring / Arduino frameworks .
- Double-click on the embedXcode package icon to launch the installation.
Mac OS X requires the installation packages to be signed.
Because the embedXcode installation package is not signed, the following message may appear.
Depending on the installed version of Mac OS X,
Open the security parameters defined by calling the menu > Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
Either select Allow apps downloaded from anywhere.
- Or click on Open Anyway.
As an alternative,
- Press Ctrl+Left Button on the embedXcode package icon to display the contextual menu and select Open.
A windows prompts for confirmation.
- Answer Open to proceed.
The installation starts and displays the welcome screen.
- Click on Continue to proceed.
The licence is displayed.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Agree to proceed.
An additional window may ask for the destination.
Select Install for me only to enable the Continue button.
Click on Continue to proceed.
Next window asks for confirmation of the installation.
- Click on Install to proceed.
A window prompts for your name and password.
- Enter both and click on Install Software.
The installation goes on.
If the mbed framework has been selected, an additional dialogue box asks for the folder where the mbed projects are saved.
Similar dialogue boxes ask for the folders where the Particle projects and Yocto projects are saved.
Select an existing folder or create a new one with New Folder.
The installation has been successful.
- Click on Close to finalise.
A final window asks to delete the installation package.
Click on Keep to keep the installation package.
Click on Move to Trash to delete the installation package.
Launch the installation manually¶
In case the automatic installation fails,
Open a Terminal window.
Launch the command
sudo installer -pkg embedXcode-231.pkg -target /